Thursday, October 31, 2013

My book cover project: 'Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?'

novel cover
          


             For my book cover project I've chosen the 1968 science fiction novel "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?" by Philip K. Dick. The story centers around an agent, Rick Deckard, who is a bounty hunter seeking out human-like androids (called replicants in the book) hiding within society in a post-apocalyptic San-Francisco. The issue with Replicants is their lack of empathy and thus often callous interactions with living organisms despite human-level intelligence. Deckards job title is Blade Runner and he is responsible for "retiring"(killing) the replicants he hunts. Many might not know that this book was the basis for the 1982 Ridley Scott film "Blade Runner" which I adore. If you haven't experienced it, I implore you to do so for your own sake! I'm currently still researching the book/other assets and will post my direction as I progress.


No comments:

Post a Comment